Cape Breton Fireside Forum
Cape Breton Fireside Blogs:
- “Why I still don’t believe in precognition.” If logical coherence is necessary for belief, there goes reality.
- What is consciousness? A conversation with Stuart Hameroff.
- Amazed by stories of witches, broomsticks and hallucinogens. Should read the Daily Grail more often…or Paul Devereux’s The Long Trip…
- Do bees have feelings? And if so, does saying “buzz off” to one make them happy or sad?
- British spies planned to feed Adolf Hitler female sex hormones. Hitler with breasts may have been an even scarier proposition.
- We don’t dream big anymore. Hence no plans to give Ghaddafi boobs.
- Freemasonry numbers in America reach their lowest point since records began in 1924.
- The annotated apocalypse: anthropologists tackle 2012.
- Zahi Hawass: “Every day I am blessed to see first-hand how so many Egyptians respect and love me.”
- Everything you ever wanted to know about sensory deprivation tanks.
- Asstounding: functional anal sphincter grown in a petri dish.
- The very peculiar world of Alan Moore.
- Image of the day: a Perseid meteor, as seen from space.