Cape Breton Fireside Blog Links:
Fireside Unites Capers Daily:
- China is going to save us from Apophis.
- Galaxies are running out of gas – a discovery that explains why fewer stars are being born now than in the past.
- Mysterious object reported falling from the sky into Loch Ness.
- VGER is still exploring.
- Really, really dark matter: Is the Universe made of holes?
- Were North America and Antarctica once attached?
- Fossil microbes discovered in Australia could be Earth’s oldest known life form.
- Interbreeding with Neanderthals gave our ancestors a ready-made cocktail of DNA invaluable in fighting diseases common in northern climates.
- The very ancient mariners: Early human ancestors were more advanced than first thought and sailed the high seas.
- Ancient Roman jar riddled with mystery.
- First recorded instance of tool use by elephants. Wait…sorry, that should be ‘stool use’.
- Why birds of a feather flock together.
- Woman injects herself with horse blood, wears hooves
- Rescuing endangered languages saves ideas.
- Oxytocin: could the ‘trust hormone’ rebond our troubled world?
- A lesson in never trusting anything again: digital puppetry of real people.
- Study proves that rock stars die young.
- Harry Potter-style time-freezing binoculars offer instant action replays.
- Bulletproof without tequilla: Researcher creates silk that helps stop bullets, among other things.
- New York to London by car? Now that would be a road trip!
- How we got to super: Jeff Kripal reviews Grant Morrison’s “Supergods”. Available at Amazon US & UK.
- Image of the Day: Where’s Wall-E?